07 November 2010

Photos - Rocky Mt. National Park

Since I hadn't been back since August, I figured I'd pry myself away from NFL RedZone and take a drive out to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Didn't really get a chance to hike since it was already about 3pm by the time I got out there, but still got some good views from the park roads.

Ran into a few snow squalls (side note:  it was 75 in Denver today) but nothing too bad.  With all of the summer/fall traffic gone, it was also really peaceful - and as the park ranger said, "I don't know why more people don't come out here in winter."  Not that it's winter yet, but after seeing the park like this, I'm definitely planning on making some return trips.

Hope you enjoy the photos - you'll have to excuse some of the weird focus and/or colors - I was playing around with a new lens and a polarizer for the first time.  Here's the link to view the album on Picasa (F11 will show them in full-screen veiw):  View Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment